Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Wedding Photographer...Need Opinions



Well, now comes a time where we are forced to make a decision quick. The dates we have chosen for the wedding are either July 24th or July 31st. The venue we are looking at is available both dates, as is our wedding planner. The photographer, however, is not. One of them is tentatively speaking with another couple for the July 24th date.

Here is where I need the help. As many of you know, I consider myself to be a photographer. So, naturally photography of my wedding is EXTREMELY important to me - and it's important that they are very very good. I have narrowed it down to two photographers that have an excellent eye, an exquisite artistic ability, and have done Indian weddings.

What I need input on is the following:
1. Is one better than the other?
2. Are there any others that I should be looking at?
3. Has anyone worked with either of these photographers?

Both of these photographers are REALLY REALLY REALLY expensive....more than I ever thought I would ever have to spend for someone clicking a camera....but they are really good. I need to know if there are others that are just as unique and good out there.....help.....

Option #1 is Andrena Photography (click for her portfolio)
Option #2 is Megan Stark (click for her portfolio)

Thoughts???

7 comments:

  1. I love the photographs by Andrena! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love the pics by Andrena! the girl on your blog above is my friend's Nita and Chirag's wedding! AMAZING photography! I love her!

    ReplyDelete
  3. For what it is worth - I feel Andrena is more creative and artistic.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just went through both portfolios on their websites, and I can see why its such a tough choice! But after going through it a few times - it feels like they excel in 2 slightly different areas. A lot of the Andrena portfolio is about dramatic scenes and photographs - might be more suitable for a once-in-a-lifetime event such as a wedding. Where I really liked Megan Stark's work was the Portraits - there was some absolutely gorgeous stuff there. She seems to really excel at the close-up, personal, 1-on-1 portraits. Hope that helps!
    BTW - Mira insists on pressing a few keys on the computer - here goes: ,,q maiiiiixZZZZaaqqlllllll;;;ooooo0

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks guys!!! So, here is a catcher...Andreana's work is phenomenal, but most of it is post processing. Which is fine. The clencher is that she does not release her post processed files on the DVD of pictures that I will get. So...the post processed files (90 of them out of the 1000 or so she shoots) will get complete glamorous post processing and end up in an amazing italian coffee table book that we will get BUT she owns the rights to them and ANY of those post processed shots that we would want to order after would need to go through her. Does that make ANY sense? This makes me cringe!!! What do you guys think? Is this normal protocol? Megan, on the other hand, does not do as much post processing, and therefore will give me all the shots....raw and processed on the DVD. Would this influence your choice???

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a wonderful and perfect shot of the photographer shows the real beauty of a person, aside from this I'm looking forward to the post of Indian wedding photographer & videographer near Newyork / New jersey. Keep on posting!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice Post....Useful Information for peoples who are looking for wedding photographer services. Great idea indeed!

    ReplyDelete