Saturday, September 5, 2009

Engagement Photographer - Box Checked!!!

I love getting text messages and emails about how some of you are getting addicted to my blog. Cracks me up...but i'm touched. It makes me smile to think that there are people following my story. Thanks...Feel free to post your comments directly on the blog. FB is fine too but this blog is looking pretty empty...like no one reads it....I'd love to get your reactions through my journey.

I am extremely excited to report that we have locked in our first thing....our engagement photographer. Usually, the wedding photographer also shoots the engagement pictures, but since the wedding is in LA, we need to the engagement pictures here. And think again if I am flying any photographer out to Chicago or out to LA. NO!

Thanks to everyone who offered their suggestions for photographers in the Chicago land area. There are wonderful people here with some great talent. Again, thanks to Anjali for providing such an extensive list. Also thanks to Shannon, Cyndy, and Shelly for some great recommendations.

At the end of the day, given availabilities and portfolios, I ended up choosing Radiance of Light . Gabriel is a wonderfully talented artist and his work blew me away from the moment I saw it. I even love his tag line - "Telling Your Love Story One Frame At A Time". He is a budding photographer that I found in my photographer community on flickr. I went through probably anywhere from 20-30 photographers and finally found him. Given that I am a photographer, I was looking for a very particular style - - - one that I have not been able to do! And Gabriel's work fits the bill completely....it is so soft and romantic. I am SO SO SO SO SO excited. We met with him today, and it's going to be magical! I can't wait.

Here is his business card, scanned, in case anyone is looking for photographers for anything...I really encourage you to look at his website to see how stunning his work is!

No comments:

Post a Comment