Sunday, June 27, 2010

Making our wedding guests comfortable....Flip Flops

The comfort of our guests is very important to us....they are flying in from near and far, and are doing a lot to ensure we have the moment our life! So, it's natural that we would want to ensure that we try to make them feel extremely comfortable and hassle free as well. So, we are doing a couple of things that we know we would appreciate going to any wedding. I'll write about them as separate posts (otherwise this would be a really long read :-) ) .....

Everytime I have been to a wedding I always end up dancing too much, and I pay the price the next day with dirty cut up feet. Lets face it, it's very difficult to dance to Indian music in 4 inch heels, and when you take your shoes off, your feet feel better but now you subject them to the grime off of everyone else's shoes.....not to mention in the old days, broken glass bangles. I don't want to have my guests go through that unpleasant experience. In the spirit of trying to make our guests feel very comfortable, we will be having flip flops of various sizes and colors for people to slip into when their heels come off. Given the size of our guest list we needed to go wholesale. Let me tell you, there are not many places you can buy wholesale flip flops that are normal looking! And cleaning out your local Old Navy stores will only start raking up the bill. So, for anyone looking to do this, save yourself the hours of searching (Chinatown in both LA and Chicago ended up to be duds as well) just go to Dollar Days .... and you can get a wide assortment of colors and sizes of flip flops! You can get all sorts of fun prints and colors, but here is the basic:

3 comments:

  1. This is what I did for my wedding...I put them in baskets labeled "Dancing Shoes" and divided up by sizes in each basket! And Dollar Stores are the way to go, my friends still talk about how nice it was to not have their feet aching the next day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for this great information, you write very well which I like very much. I really impressed by your post. www.bigindianwedding.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice and wonderful one that you have posted here and also the idea explored by you is so nice. The guests will surely feel the comfort with it and its an acceptable idea.

    http://indiaemporium.com/

    ReplyDelete