Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Save the Date!!!

I am so happy to report that after two long hard months of working on our save the date, it is finally done, to a level that both Saurab and I are very happy with. I sent out a first batch last night. I was so nervous when we pressed the send button (yes, it is an online save the date)....because now it makes this whole thing a reality - and the real count down has begun. 199 days left. Yikes! We also created our wedding website and linked it to the save the date - - - there were so many wedding websites to choose from but we ended up using wedding tracker for all of their cool functionality!

We'll keep sending out batches of the save the dates this week, so that the server doesn't get over loaded. Because it's through email, I am crossing my fingers that all of my guests get it. Hopefully, they will comment on the site itself, so I'll know they got it.

I would love to put the save the date on my blog, as an example for other brides, but at what point do I risk crossing the line of making something very personal, very public. I don't know.....any thoughts from readers? especially from people who may have already gotten the save the date?

What I will show, for my own indulgence sake, is a screen shot of the save the date. Two months in the making, hours and hours of time in our studio.....this wedding is all about nature, so let's all be a little eco friendly - - - -Yes, it's a video!


5 comments:

  1. I'm curious to know how much the estimated cost is for the Rancho Sol Del Pacifico. I'm still debating whether a wedding with one side of family in east coast and the other side in Cali is cheaper to have in India or here in US. It seems you have been through the cost analysis, can you shed some light.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Renal -
    Sure. I thought it would save a TON of money to pick a non-hotel venue. At the end of the day, what we are realizing is that it stacks up to about the same cost as a hotel. Since you have to pay for everything being brought in - chairs, tables, servers, bartenders, food, decor, etc etc etc....the cost is the same. If you go light on the decor, maybe you will save 10K from the overall number but not much more than that. I think it would be cheaper to do things in India or a destination wedding - - - but that is asking a lot from your guests to fly out there....it automatically lends itself to a smaller gathering, I would think. I didn't look at India as an option for this reason. Hope this was helpful. Feel free to email directly if you have any more questions or thoughts you want to bounce around (aap034@gmail.com)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such an amazing and creative idea! I'm sure your guests loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So, ironically, yes, the ones who saw it loved it. But, quite frankly I was a little surprised that a lot of people didn't respond. We are still trying to figure out if it's because they marked their calendars and went on with their day or if it was because the email with the link went into their spam box. Never thought half these things would be so complicated! Umfh!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I recently stumbled upon your blog, and I really like it. I know this aunty who didn't RSVP for her daughter's wedding, called every single person to confirm. I don't know if that's a good idea.

    When are you getting married by the way?

    ReplyDelete