Thursday, December 10, 2009

Videographers in need....


Finding a photographer was a stressful process....but it was stressful in a good way because there were so many great choices. Finding a videographer has not been so easy! We debated for many months on if we even wanted to have a videographer...after huming and hawing over the decision we realized that we would likely regret it if we didn't capture one the most important days of our lives on film.

Given that the videographer is important but not as important as the decor or the photographer, the budget for this service isn't as big as it is for the other two. I thought this would be okay, and I could find someone who was creative and shot the right footage. Well. I've been having some trouble. Most of the videographers that I have seen are either REALLY good and REALLY expensive, or very average. As expected, most of the cost is in post-production editing...and we are even willing to do the post production editing at some other point in time (say a one year anniversary present), but we want the right footage to be shot...in an interesting, non-home-movie perspective. And for this, I don't feel like I should have to pay multiple thousands of dollars. Just seems a bit ridiculous!

I thought I found the perfect person, who fit in my price range and did wonderful work. But, he has been very non-responsive and we just found out the other day that he does not guarantee that he would do the shooting. If another, say bigger, wedding comes up, he would send someone else to ours. Talk about lack of customer focus. I felt like chopped liver!

So, now we continue our search for someone in the So Cal area who is reasonably priced, creative in their approach and has a knowledge of Indian weddings! Know of anyone who fits the bill? Input would be greatly appreciated!!!

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am in a very similar situation as yours. I spoke and met with many videographers and there was always an issue with either price or quality. In the end I realized video is just as expensive as photo. I think I actually got a really really good deal on photo that trying to match video to it is going to be impossible!

    But I have narrowed down my choices to two videographers. Both are SoCal based. You might have already considered these choices but here is my input on them.

    Imagique/DV Artistry: Great quality of work and great prices. He has done a few Indian weddings and familiar with the overall concept of it. He did lack some professionalism in customer service. He does not guarantee the turnaround time on the video as well.

    Impressive Creations: The only downside with them is the price. A little out of my budget but has many good things to make the price worth it. First of all very efficient in response. Very professional, organized and experienced. Although he has only done one Indian wedding (which Amy Patel coordinated) he has a good grasp of what needs to be captured in an Indian wedding. He lets you customize his packages to ensure your paying for only what you want.

    Both let you customize their packages and have options for someone on a budget. Both have great quality of work using cinematography style which does not look like a home video. I could probably go on for a while about this but hope this info has helped out a bit. Let me know if you have any questions or need suggestions! :)

    ReplyDelete