Friday, October 9, 2009

More Inspiration Boards

It is currently 3:44AM in Chicago. Our engagement party is on Sat, and I would love to say that the reason I am awake is because of all the anticipation to Saturday - but alas, I am only awake because I am on a 7 hour conference call with work that is happening in Paris - that I couldn't attend in person because I wouldn't have made it back for the engagement puja. Ah - the things we do - at least my priorities are in order! BUT - I am fighting to stay awake so I thought I would make another inspiration board with the pictures I have been collecting! :-)

One of the next decisions that our planner, Amy, is encouraging us to make quickly is the decorator. I have looked at many designs and many different types of flower / centerpiece arrangements...and I like to many of them. But, I think there is a common theme - - - nature, elements (water, fire, life) and elegant. So, here is a sample of things that have "struck" me....



When I think about color palates, I am always in awe when I see deep jewel colors - like deep purple. Isn't this just beautiful? Haven't totally decided on colors yet, but this is certainly a possibility....


Ok, that's all for now....and probably the whole weekend - given that I'll be asleep most of the day today and the weekend will be filled with festivities. I can't wait to write about the engagement party!

Back to paying attention.....


No comments:

Post a Comment